Ever wonder why some women tend to have absolutely gorgeous skin that actually glows? Well, if you’re like me, achieving beautiful skin can become a full time job. You buy all of the right topical products that your dermatologist recommends; however, when you look in the mirror, you still see the same dull, blemished or hyper-pigmented skin. Yeah-been there done that…..but, I’ve also done something else that has worked wonders to give me beautifully glowing skin. I noticed that whenever I detox my body, my skin gets clearer, lighter, and actually starts to glow. Yes glow! Ladies-in the past, even my doctor has said, “Wow your skin is just glowing-you’re radiant.” Me? No way! But to my amazement, my doctor was right. As long as I maintained a healthy diet, my skin was radiant and now I’ll share what I’ve discovered so that you can have radiant skin too.
While topical products have their purpose in terms of maintaining great skin- true, beautiful skin is found in the food and nutritional supplements that we consume. Unfortunately, our foods are heavily tainted with pesticides that rob our soil of beneficial nutrients; therefore, we must take the correct vitamins and minerals to ensure that we have beautiful skin.
Vitamins for Healthy Skin
- Vitamin A– is an antioxidant that’s necessary for maintaining and repairing skin tissue.
- Vitamin B– biotin is the single most critical B vitamin because it forms the basis of skin, nail, and hair cells.
- Vitamin C-is an antioxidant that offers protection against free radical damage and has been known to repair damaged skin.
- Vitamin E– is an antioxidant that’s necessary for the maintenance and repair of skin tissue.
- Vitamin K-is great for reducing dark under eye circles only when applied topically.
Minerals for Healthy Skin
- Selenium- protects skin from sun damage and possibly reduces the risk of skin cancer.
- Zinc– Keeps skin clear because of its amazing ability to slow down oil production. It’s great for acne proned skin.
Other Nutrients for Healthy Skin
- Alpha-Lipoic Acid-acts similarly to vitamins A and C but is a far more powerful antioxidant that protects the skin from free radical damage.
- Essential Fatty Acid (omega 3 fatty acids)-Essential fatty acids maintain the integrity of cellular walls. They allow good things like water to enter a cell and remain within that cell; while simultaneously ridding the cell of waste. This results in plump skin.
Whether you are consuming foods with these nutrients or adding them as a supplement to your diet, you should see great results. After all, true beauty is from the inside out.